Thursday, July 21, 2022

Observations!

It's been a while since I last posted.  During this time I've been observing myself deciding whether or not to write something.  I've done this every day.  And every day I've noticed that I do have something to say, usually a reaction to what's going on in the world beyond my bubble.  

But before sitting down to write, my self-judgment mechanism kicks in and evaluates what's on my mind.  Almost always I conclude that either what I'm thinking is what many others are thinking and therefore not unique or what I have to say doesn't seem profound enough to merit a post.  And so I will wait for tomorrow to come around and maybe then something will measure up.

This process produces a result (or really a non-result):  I don't say what I have to say.  I can justify my inaction, but that doesn't make much of a difference.  So I think my self-judgment mechanism isn't serving me well.  It's giving me an excuse, a reason not to write.  I can do better than this, and I will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home