Saturday, June 18, 2022

As I See It #7

The Warriors are champions for the fourth time in the last eight years.  Go Warriors!

I watched every minute of the playoffs and found myself caring a lot about how we were doing.  Notice that I say "we."  I've always been amused by how easy it is to attach our ego to the teams we root for.  So "who I am" is at much at stake as whether the team wins or loses.  It is personal.

The question is whether this ego identification changes as we grow older.  Does my passion diminish as I see the world from a more mature perspective?  Answer: No!  Based on my recent experience as a Warriors fan, I can get as worked up about how "we" are doing as I did in the past.

So go Warriors!  Go Giants!  But don't go 49ers.  They went on my shit list when with bad management they became losers and abandoned San Francisco for a move to Santa Clara.  Seemed like betrayal to me.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home