Tuesday, May 24, 2022

As I See It - 5/24/22!

This is the start of a new writing project.  In a call with my friend Pam yesterday she asked if I was doing much writing.  I told her I was posting on this blog, but not all that frequently.  I said I had thoughts to share but they didn't seem interesting enough to write about.

As we continued to talk I told her about my frame of mind these days and how it had changed over the years.  For example, at 89 years of age I don't see an unlimited future.  Quite the opposite.  Each new day is a gift not to be taken for granted.  And my thoughts are consistent with that reality.

Pam said that given where I am in life she would be interested in knowing what I think and that would be something worth writing about.  When she said this it got my attention.  Even though the idea wasn't totally new, for reasons that I can't explain it was like a whole new possibility had opened up.

Since our talk I've been mulling over what she said.  And so this is the birth of "As I See It."  I expect it will be a series of short essays on a variety of topics, whatever calls to me that day.  Time will tell how it all turns out.

Onward . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home