Saturday, January 15, 2022

Piling On!

If you pay attention to the 'expert' opinion about this last week, you would have no doubt that Joe Biden's presidency was dead in the water and he might as well retreat to a nursing home somewhere.

For sure, the news wasn't good:  Inflation at a 40 year high.  Build Back Better - dead.  Voting rights legislation - dead.  Omicron - out of control.  Russia - ready to invade Ukraine.  Democracy is on the ropes.  And if you listen to Peggy Noonan, Biden's speech in Georgia on Tuesday marked a low point in the history of presidential speeches.

What we have is a virulent herd mentality all singing a chorus of 'the sky is falling.'  Given my current state of mind - pessimistic or cynical, depending on the issue under discussion - I can see how easy it would be to join the crowd and contribute to the piling on.

If I thought it would do any good I'd go down this path.  But for now I'll resist the temptation and instead be silent.  No guarantees for how long, so like I say, for now!  

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was pondering similar thoughts today. I wonder if mainstream media's Biden Bashing addiction would exist if he were 20 years younger. I'm sick of the negative commentary, especially in the absence of more reporting about all the good things the Biden Administration has done. I don't think he gets a fair shake.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home