Sunday, December 26, 2021

Looking Back - Or Looking Ahead!

I suppose its natural on this last week of the year to look back and remember or comment on the year about to end.  I don't do much of that.

The thought of dwelling on 'the good old days' doesn't appeal to me.  Nor does looking ahead and thinking about what this next year will bring.  

So what am I left with?  Now.  The present.  The only thing I know I have for sure is this moment.  This one, right now, in all its glory.  So I fully embrace the present.

I'm not unaware of what 2021 has been, at least the part outside my bubble.  If I had to evaluate it I'd say it was a pretty shitty year.  But why bother going down that path?  I'd rather choose to be grateful for the blessings that have been bestowed on me and the ones I love.  And there have been many.

So I'll take this moment to say 'thank you.'  When it comes in a couple of days I'll be happy to say goodbye to 2021.  And when it comes in a couple of days I'll be happy to say hello to 2022.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home