Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Speechless!

It's been a while since I've posted a comment.  Why, I wonder.  It is not because I haven't had anything to say.  There is plenty going on that could elicit an opinion.  And it's not because I've been too busy.  I've had plenty of time to write.  And it's not because I think my audience isn't interested.

So why?  The best I can come up with is that what I see in the world outside my happy and comfortable bubble is depressing, so why add to the depression by noting it.  Lending my voice to the chorus of bad news seemed like a waste of time.

Looking for the bright spots is a challenge.  I have to get past:

   The pandemic

   Inflation

   More mass shootings

   Tornados

   Ukraine

   The death of Roe v Wade

   The death of democracy as the Republicans skillfully destroy our institutions

   The likely takeover of the government by the bad guys next year

   Etc., etc., etc. . .

But giving up is not a viable option.  So I'm back.  I've just watched "14 Peaks," the story of five Nepali Sherpas who made a commitment to climb to the summits of the 14 highest mountains on earth, higher than 8000 meters, in one six-month climbing season.  They called their challenge Project Possible.  Against seemingly impossible odds they did it.  They knew that if they gave up anywhere along the way they would die.  So no, giving up is not a viable option.  Nor is being speechless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home