Saturday, December 18, 2021

What Caught My Attention Today!

As I went through the news this morning what caught my attention, deserved more than a cursory glance?

Mayor Breed declaring a State of Emergency and setting forth a strong proposal to deal with crime, drugs, homelessness, and the rest of the decay in the Tenderloin.  Its about time.

The problems with testing for Covid.  Unlike other countries we have failed to provide fast, inexpensive tests. 

And still on Covid: Health care workers have already or will soon burn out.  The system can't take much more.

The Kimberly Potter trial.  I watched her testify and was curious what others had to say about it.  Her tears aside, and accepting her assertion that she didn't mean to do it, she is guilty and should be convicted.

The Peggy Noonan column in the Journal.  I often don't agree with her, but usually find reading what she says interesting.

The Saturday Review section in the Journal.  The book reviews are well done and informative.  Like with Noonan, I often don't agree with the opinion pieces, but they're worth checking out. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home