Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Football!

In recent years I've paid more attention to football, the world game, than to football, the American game.  My lack of interest followed the 49ers move to Santa Clara and the team going into the toilet as a winning franchise.  So my attention was more in the direction of the English Premier League, not the NFL.

My disinterest began to turn around when the 49ers went to the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.  But it was only a few weeks ago that I began to pay close attention and watch some games again.  Given what happened this past weekend my timing turned out to be pretty good.

Four games, each exciting in its own way, each decided by the last play of the game, and the 49ers over achieving to move ahead toward the championship.  Only one bummer: the overtime rules that had Buffalo lose to Kansas City without even having a chance to play in the overtime period.  A coin flip gave the Chiefs that ball first, giving them the chance to score a touchdown and end the game, which they did.

Condolences to my brother Steve, who lives in Buffalo, and his family.  I know this result leaves them distraught and pissed, and rightly so.

So for now, Go Niners!


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home