Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Birthday!

Tomorrow is my birthday.  My 89th.  Somewhere along the way I've moved from 'old' to 'very old.'  I ask myself, is this an occasion for celebration?  Should I be celebrating my birthday?  Since, I see from the newspapers, most of the people who are dying are younger than I am, is another birthday an occasion for celebration?

The answer is 'Yes.'  Reaching 89 in good health, with no mental deterioration and able to enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle, is a cause for celebration.  For sure, more fortunate than most.  It is also a cause for gratitude.  I don't take my good fortune for granted.  I appreciate it.  I am thankful for it.  Not a day, or even an hour, passes without my being aware of how lucky I am.

So tomorrow, with Sandra by my side, I'll raise a glass and celebrate my birthday.  Actually, now that I think about it, I won't be waiting for tomorrow.  I'll celebrate today, this important day before my birthday, just as I'll be celebrating the day after my birthday, and all the days to come! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home