Thursday, March 15, 2018

Asia Bound!


I’m off tomorrow for four weeks in Asia.  A change of scenery, a change of pace and a change of perspective.  Given the day-to-day craziness of life in the USA, probably a good thing to do.

I have no specific agenda for this trip, other than to sample interesting food, especially street food, in the six cities we’ll be visiting.  Mostly I want to “be” in these places and soak up whatever is happening.

In past travels I’ve been where we’re going (except for Kuala Lumpur) but not for quite a while.  So my impressions are out of date, and I’ll have a chance to take a fresh look.

We’ll be four days each in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Hanoi, Hong Kong and Shanghai.  I’m not looking forward to the ‘getting there’ part – 17½ hours from San Francisco to Singapore – but once settled in there are adventures to be had, and I’m up for them.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home