Friday, February 23, 2018

Very Old!


I am celebrating my 85th birthday today.  And “celebrating” is the operative word.

When I look through the obituaries, more often than not the deceased was younger than I am.  When I received my latest Blue Shield Supplemental bill, I saw that my payment amount was the end of the line – there is no category for ages older than mine.

And I’m told that when I transition from 84 to 85 I’m moving from Old to Very Old!

So what to make of all this?  Not much.  I feel fine physically and mentally.  I let each day unfold in its own way.  Sometimes there are surprises.  Sometimes it is routine.  Always it is a joyful celebration for which I am grateful.  I take nothing for granted.

Whether it is Old or Very Old, I celebrate – today and every day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home