Thursday, August 24, 2017

Don't Tell Me!

Some things I’d rather not know:

Once the President enters the nuclear codes to order a strike the missiles will be on their way in four minutes.

Alaska’s permafrost is melting faster than predicted.  As it melts the carbon stored in it is released in the form of carbon dioxide and methane, exacerbating the negative impact on our climate.

New meds that are easier to get than the old ones are being used to execute people.  Proponents of state-sponsored murder are pleased because now the killing process can proceed faster.

A neuropathologist has examined the brains of 111 N.F.L. players – and 110 were found to have C.T.E., a degenerative disease linked to repeated blows to the head.

Hillary Clinton’s new book will tell how she thinks she lost the election.  I’ll probably read it, but I really don’t want to relive 2016.  Painful!

Most developed countries are ahead of us in providing health care, reducing income inequality, raising math and reading levels, and more.  Expert analyses of why this is so don’t help.  Talk to me when we take steps to fix it.


Don’t tell me the Democrats need something more than “Trump is Bad.”  Don’t tell me they need a compelling narrative that speaks to where people really are, that gets them in the gut.  Don’t tell me they need new faces and new issue and then send out Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren to harangue crowds with more of the same.  I’m ready to listen.  Tell me something new! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home