Friday, August 11, 2017

Crazies on the Loose!

It’s possible to blow off the bluster, threats and incendiary rhetoric as schoolyard taunts – I dare you.  I double dare you.  I triple dare you.  But I’m taking these guys seriously.

Why?  This is not a rational argument.  We’re seeing two crazy people with egos bigger than common sense engage in a game of chicken with nothing less than the fate of the planet on the line.  And neither one can be counted on to blink first.  Or find a way around the impasse that avoids the use of military force.  So I’m taking these guys seriously.

As Stephen Colbert said: “These guys can get us all killed.”  No joke.  That our survival is in the hands of these crazies – Trump and Kim Jong-un – and what we can do is wring our hands in impotent frustration and hope for the best, is worse than a sad state of affairs.  It’s a recipe for disaster.  So I’m taking these guys seriously.

The crazies are on the loose.  They can’t be counted on to stop themselves.  But they have to be stopped.  So who will do it before it’s too late?  To be continued . . .


Have a nice day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home