Monday, May 09, 2016

Being Grateful!

I make it a practice to be grateful every day.  Here are what others say about being grateful:


The miracle of gratitude is that it shifts your perception to such an extent that it changes the world you see.
n  Dr. Robert Holden

One way to open your eyes is to ask yourself, “What if I had never seen this before?  What if I knew I would never see it again?”

n  Rachel Carson

Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.
n  Karl Barth

Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.
n  Maya Angelou

There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.
n  Ralph H. Blum


From experience we know that whenever we are truly awake and alive, we are also truly grateful.
-- Br. David Steindl-Rast

Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
-- G.K. Chesterton

Gratitude as a discipline involves a conscious choice.  I can choose to be grateful even when my emotions and feelings are still steeped in hurt and resentment.  It is amazing how many occasions present themselves in which I can choose gratitude instead of a complaint.
-- Henri Nouwen




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home