Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Doubleheader!


We’ve got a doubleheader tomorrow.  In Hanoi Trump is meeting with Kim Jong Un.  In Washington, Michael Cohen will testify before the House Committee on Oversight.

No matter what happens in Hanoi, Trump will call it a win, a victory of unimagined proportions, a historic world shaker that rivals the Resurrection.  In reality, while we may not be on the brink of war with North Korea, they are not going to denuclearize anytime soon.

What might happen, and I think it would be a good thing, is that we could agree to sign a Peace Treaty that would end the Korean War (the fighting ended in 1953).  A probably negative reaction from South Korea and Japan (who will feel threatened by this) will need to be managed.  A Peace Treaty would be more of a win for Kim than Trump, but no matter, Trump will claim victory.

My expectations for the Cohen testimony aren’t great.  I hope he says something we don’t already know, and I hope it is damning for the President and his family, but if he is a dud on the new news front I won’t be surprised.

Will I watch?  You betcha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home