Friday, January 20, 2017

Preaching to the Choir!

I sucked it up and decided to watch the speech.  I recorded it so I wasn’t burdened with all the preliminaries.  And it was, thankfully, not long.  That’s a plus.

At least the speech was consistent.  It was more of the same, aimed at the same people who voted for him.  He did dance with the one who brung him, I’ll give him that.  But for the rest of us, here and around the world?  No reason to think our worst fears won’t come to pass.  No reason not to expect the worst.

I assume the pundits will analyze what was said, but really there’s not much to analyze.  It was devoid of specifics.  There was no soaring rhetoric.  They can discuss the tone – belligerent, truculent, super chauvinistic, but that too is more of the same.


I’ll let it go at that.  Stay tuned . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home