Thursday, November 05, 2015

What I'm Watching!

There seems to be no end of things worth watching these days – whatever your device of choice.

Recently I finished the third season of “Orange is the New Black”.  It’s a winner.

At the moment we’re in the middle of “The Affair,” “Homeland,” “Indian Summers,” and “Narcos.”  And we’ve been watching old episodes of “House” and “Homicide,” both of which hold up well over time.

I’m more and more impressed with “The Affair.”  The acting and writing are excellent.  “Homeland” is better than many expected it to be this season.  “Indian Summers” is a soap opera dressed up as an expensive mini-series, but it furthers my ongoing love affair with India, so I watch.  “Narcos” is OK but not wonderful.

I record Charlie Rose every night and still find it a useful and enjoyable seminar on a wide variety of topics.  “The Daily Show” with Trevor Noah is still trying to find some solid ground to stand on in this post-Jon Stewart era, and is still on my watch list.  “Last Week Tonight” with John Oliver is brilliant.  He has carved out a place for himself at the top of the news with comedy list.  I catch up with Stephen Colbert with excerpts on the computer.  And stories produced by Vice are usually very well done.


Does all this leave time for regular movies?  Fortunately, yes.  More about that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home