Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tiger!


I see that Tiger Woods is back to #1 in the rankings.  I also see that my attitude is “That’s nice, but I really don’t care.”

That’s not the way it would have been a few years ago.  I was a fan, wanting him to win everything, eagerly watching for some magic from him on the golf course. 

It’s not that I’m now anti-Tiger.  I’m OK if he wins.  I’m also OK if he loses.  I just don’t have an emotional investment in him.  Near as I can tell, my current attitude doesn’t date back to when his life and his game went into the toilet.  It’s more something that has evolved.  I continue to admire his skill.  I don’t admire who he is. 

So for me Tiger is now someone who doesn’t interest me very much.  Too bad.  I really did enjoy him in the olden days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home