Monday, July 12, 2010

Viva Espana

Bye bye World Cup. Congratulations to Spain. I’ll miss my daily fix of good football. And for those of you who may have forgotten, this is what I wrote before the tournament began:

What do I think will happen?

The U.S. should do well. I don’t think we’ll win, but we’ll make it past the group stage. I was happy with the final team chosen by Bob Bradley. Our defense is porous and that could be our downfall.

England, as usual, will underperform. Their defense is also weak, and they don’t have enough offense to compensate for it.

Many expect Brazil to win. I don’t think so. Italy will also disappoint. And so will Argentina, which may have the best players but is burdened with the worst coach. I don’t think any African or Asian team will be among the best.

Who will win? Either Spain or the Netherlands. And if I’m wrong? I’ll enjoy the tournament anyway.

Well, I wasn’t wrong and I enjoyed the tournament totally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home