Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Looking For Some Sunshine!

Haven't posted for a while.  Sorry about that.  No excuses, just haven't done it.

What I have been doing is looking for some bright spots in what has been a rather dreary year.  My findings:

The horror in Gaza goes on without relief.  A plague on both your sides, say I.  There is more than enough blame to go around.  And I feel for both sides.  

Now in the background, but still horrific is Ukraine.  It's a stalemate and support from our side is in question.  The outlook: More of the same in '24.

Politics in the U.S. is getting a lot of attention.  And the news isn't good.  The Republican side is a circus and Trump is way ahead.  The Dems are stuck with Biden, and he looks weaker by the day.  I am one of those who fear we're headed for a disaster and can find no way to stop it.

Do you see any bright spots yet?  Yeah, neither do I.

New Covid variants are putting more and more people in the hospital.  And the winter surge is upon us.  I am up to date on my vaccinations, but don't feel well protected.

The numbers say that the economy is doing well, but fewer and fewer people feel that they are better off than a couple of years ago.  The mood is not upbeat.  Go figure?

The immigration disaster gets worse every day.  All sides believe something must be done, but leadership is missing.  It is a huge problem that is being held hostage by petty interests.

Abortion is getting a lot of attention these days.  The disconnect is glaring.  Most Americans favor allowing abortion with limits.  But the anti-abortion forces have power in the courts and in many state legislatures, so what most people want ain't happening.

I could go on, but why bother?  It is a cloudy day, with intermittent rain, so I think I'll retreat to my bubble and watch a movie. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home