Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Buddha

Buddha has been on my mind today.  I don't know why.  No particular reason.  So I've looked to remind myself of what he said.

The essence of his teaching is that suffering is caused by ignorance and can be overcome by following the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path:

1.  Suffering exists.  Life is suffering.  Suffering is real and has many causes.

2.  Suffering is caused by attachment, the desire to have and control things.

3.  Suffering can end.  Attachment can be overcome.  One can let go of desire and craving.

4.  To end suffering, follow the Eightfold Path.

The Eightfold Path includes Right Vision, Right Values, Right Speech, Right Actions, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, and Right Meditation.

I find it useful to be reminded of these teachings.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home