Monday, September 18, 2023

Politics!

I'm in the "I'm worried" part of the political spectrum.

I'm not happy that Biden seems determined to run again, and am resigned to the reality that he won't step aside.  Given his record so far as President, it is a mystery to me why his approval ratings are so low.  They aren't low in just one or two places, but everywhere: the economy, his foreign policy, can he be trusted, his relationship with Hunter, everywhere. 

So he's vulnerable, and that worries me.  His age is against him.  He doesn't look physically strong.  He meanders when talking.  That's all true.  It amuses me that he's younger than I am and is still seen as too old to be President.  I'd do a Romney, and step aside to make way for a younger generation.  But Biden isn't doing that.  Correction: I'm not amused.  I'm something else, but the proper word escapes me.

His sticking with Kamala complicates the equation.  Her approval ratings are even lower than his, and voters are not going to forget that if he dies in office she'll be in the oval office.  Not a positive prospect.

Looming over my worries is Trump.  I wish the Republicans were moving away from him, but they aren't and he seems to gain strength with them every day.  History shows that dictatorships almost always begin when democratic institutions, i.e., an election, provides a step up on the road to power.  So it will be here if Trump is reelected.

Have I said that "I'm worried?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home