Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Good News!

Its been a while since I've posted a comment.  Sorry about that.  No excuses.  I've had plenty to say but haven't taken the time to share my thoughts.  So . . .

The midterms turned out much better that I thought possible.  And with Warnock winning in Georgia it capped off a winning season.  I'm happy I was wrong and too pessimistic.

I've been watching the World Cup and enjoying it a lot.  My expectations for the US were not high, so I was satisfied that they did as well as they did.  No need to be ashamed.  With us gone my default preference would be England.  Given my ongoing attention to the Premier League I have a relationship with the players, and they have been disappointed for a very long time.  Having said that, if I had to bet on a winner I'd go with either Brazil or France.

Good news that the January 6 committee will be making some criminal referrals.  I suspect they will include Trump rather than give him a pass.

I don't see an early end to the war in Ukraine.  The stories about the conditions under which many civilians are living are horrific.  No water.  No electricity.  No heat.  And winter setting in.  Very sad situation.

Other places where suffering is out of control are Somalia where drought, famine and terrorism rule and Haiti, where violent gangs make life a living hell for people who having nothing to begin with.  It is sometimes hard to be proud of our species.

Good news that Bolsonaro lost.  Not good news that Netanyahu won.  And for you sumo fans, surprising news that Abi won the November Basho.  Let's call it good news.  And good news that the Warriors seem to be getting it together.  And finally, good news that we've had some rain recently.  We've been dry for too long.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home