Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Celebrate!

"I, Joseph Robinette Biden, do solemnly swear."  With those words the sun comes out from behind the clouds and I smile.  Finally.  The day that sometimes seemed would never come.  Finally.  Celebrate!

I know that miracles won't happen overnight.  I know that this divided country won't magically heal.  I know that.  And I know that my default position in recent years - cynicism and anger at never ending bad news - will not instantly be disabled.

But let's not let the good news go unacknowledged.  The good guys got the White House.  The good guys got the Senate.  The good guys kept the House.  The evil one got impeached again.  There is reason to cheer.  There is reason to Celebrate!

And after the Celebration, then what?  Is it possible that America can again be a place that makes me proud?  Maybe.  I'd like to say "of course it can" but I'm not there yet.  While it doesn't look like a sure thing, I am willing to say "it's possible."  I'd call that a step forward.

So, onward . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home