Sunday, November 08, 2020

Celebrate!

It was like the country took a deep breath, let out a sigh, and went to the streets to celebrate.

At last he will be gone.  Let's party!  And so the horns honked, and the people cheered, and the cowbells clanged, and the party went on.  A long, national sigh of relief.

What next?  Biden will move quickly to deal with our most pressing crisis - the pandemic, and will begin to put the team together that will govern with him.

As for Trump?  Will he concede?  I doubt it, but it really doesn't matter whether he does or not.  He has lost.  And in the future?  Some are saying that he will want to keep the spotlight on himself and cement his hold over the Republican party.  I say yes to the egomaniacal part.  I say no to wanting to stay as a political leader.  

I don't think he is interested in the party or in the policies that are important to others.  He is interested only in himself.  If it doesn't feed his ego he is not interested.  So I don't think he will stay in the political arena.

One caveat:  If he wants to run again in 2024, a stupid idea but a possibility, he will take a different course than I've outlined.  But if he goes down that road I think the Republicans who want to regain or stay in power will, slowly at first but with gathering momentum, desert him.

Le'ts hope so!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home