Friday, November 20, 2020

Still Uneasy!

I've been paying close attention to the post-election process that has dominated the news.  Even though there is an overwhelming consensus that Trump's efforts to stay in office are ridiculous and will fail, I'm still uneasy.

I'm uneasy because I don't trust the system and I don't trust that Trump's enablers who still have power will honor their sworn duty to serve the Constitution.  They, like he, will go to extreme lengths to keep him in the White House.  My only surprise at this point is that we are not closer to an all-out civil war, which is still not out of the question.

What will it take to ease my uneasiness?  Maybe when the Electoral College votes and ratifies Biden's victory.  But even then I may be uneasy.  So I'll say that I'll relax when the Inauguration happens on Jan. 20.

On a positive note, I am pleased at the prospect of the many changes that will happen once we're on the other side of this craziness:  A national Covid plan.  Rejoining the Paris accord.  A constructive relationship with our allies.  Economic relief for people and businesses that need help.  An end to the lies and rebuilding trust among our people and institutions.  And so much more . . .

Until then - keep your fingers crossed!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home