Monday, November 04, 2019

Mayor Pete!


I’m one of those people who is looking around for a good alternative to Joe Biden, someone more moderate than Warren and Sanders who can beat Trump.

Why not stay with Biden?  Too low energy and running on the past, not proposing a better future.  If he’s the nominee I’ll vote for him, but not enthusiastically.  So who else?

For a while I was leaning toward Warren, even though her intense personality turns me off and even though I think her policies are too radical for my taste.  Again, I’d vote for her should she be the nominee, but not enthusiastically.

I’ve never warmed to Bernie and none of the others, except Mayor Pete, have won me over.  I remember that when I first listened to Buttigieg I was impressed.  Smart, articulate, good ideas, maybe a touch too glib, but impressive nonetheless.  Since he continues to rise in the polls, obviously others are having the same reaction.

Beating Trump is the main goal.  Is this country ready to replace him with a gay guy?  I’ve been asking myself this question.  Same concern many had in 2008: Were we ready to put a black man in the oval office?  Turns out we were ready and did it twice.  At this point I’m not willing to make sexual orientation the determinant.  If I prefer Mayor Pete over the others I’ll support him.

And that’s where I am at the moment.  Go Buttigieg!

1 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

I've been a Mayor Pete supporter since the get go. Even though young & inexperienced I think his intellect will trump any negatives folks may bring up. Even sexual orientation. With this I say, get over it. Fresh start America.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home