Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Thoughts!


What’s on my mind today:

To impeach or not impeach?  The Dems are in a tizzy about which way to go.  I say wait.  Get more facts and if there is a case to be built, make it a stronger one.  The likelihood of a successful impeachment is near zero.  All that initiating the process will do is divert attention from the real issues the Dems should be focusing on.

Still on politics:  Do I have a preference among all the Dems running?  The question for me is who will make the best president, not who can beat Trump or who is more or less progressive.  At this point my answer is Biden.

Big game today is the Manchester Derby.  I’d like to see Liverpool win the league, so that has me favor United over City today.  On the other hand, my fantasy football team has three City players, so it would help me if they score points.  Conclusion: Let’s have United win or draw and my guys do a lot of scoring in a losing cause.

Still on sports:  Game 5 for the Warriors tonight.  Time to put the Clippers (who have been very impressive in the playoffs) away.  True, the magical beauty of the Warriors has slipped a bit this season, but when they are on they are still a wonder to watch.  The odds are that Durant will go elsewhere this summer.  Why?  Not obvious to the world outside his mind.  Too bad if he leaves.  Watching his graceful perfection is awesome.

Game of Thrones:  Over the past two months I’ve watched this wonderful show from the beginning.  I had not watched it at all before now.  I’ve completed Season 6 and have a decision to make.  If I watch Season 7 I’ll be caught up before Season 8 is over, and will then need to wait week to week for the next episode.  I’m inclined to stop for a while and then start again when the end is near so I can binge if I want. 

Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home