Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Gratitude!

In the rush of everyday life we too often forget to be grateful.  Here are some reminders:

When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.
n  Willie Nelson

Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.
n  Karl Barth

Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.
n  Maya Angelou

There are many things to be grateful “for” but, as I ripen with the seasons of life, the many reasons blend into a sacred mystery.  And, most deeply, I realize that living gratefully is its own blessing.
n  Michael Mahoney


Gratitude as a discipline involves a conscious choice. I can choose to be grateful even when my emotions and feelings are still steeped in hurt and resentment. It is amazing how many occasions present themselves in which I can choose gratitude instead of a complaint.
n  Henri Nouwen

Gratitude is the memory of the heart.
n  St. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier

If you can just appreciate each thing, one by one, then you will have pure gratitude.  Even though you observe just one flower, that one flower includes everything.
n  Shunryu Suzuki Roshi

Happiness is not what makes us grateful.  It is gratefulness that makes us happy.
n  Br. David Steindl-Rast



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home