Monday, September 12, 2016

Traveling!

I am near the end of the first week of a three week trip to Europe.  After a short stay in London I flew to St. Petersburg and tomorrow will head for Prague and then on to Rome and Sicily.

While news is easy to get these days, being a bit removed from the immediacy of the moment provides a useful perspective.  For example, the play-by-play, minute by minute back and forth between Clinton, Trump and their surrogates followed by instant analysis from the pundits is, from this distance, an exercise in silliness.

I assume that here in Russia the locals have their own version of the same phenomena, but I am blissfully unaware of their issues and therefore free from being interested or concerned.  Is this hiding from reality or taking a welcome break from paying attention to trivia.  I think the latter.

Have a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home