Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Contributions

I prefer to make my charitable contributions at one time late in December. It gives me a chance to assess what I’ve done in the past and to look freshly at the organizations I’m most interested in supporting. Once in a while a special event or circumstance will come up during the year that gets my attention, but I turn down the frequent requests that come my way all the time, often from groups I already support. They’re an annoyance even if I favor the cause they’re promoting.

So the other day I sat down at the computer and made my decisions for 2010. These days it’s possible to make donations online using a credit card, a welcome change from the past that facilitates the process. My support went to:

American Himalayan Foundation

Ashoka

Asian Art Museum (San Francisco)

California Academy of Sciences (San Francisco)

Doctors Without Borders

Fine Arts Museums (San Francisco)

Freedom From Religion Foundation

Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy

Himalayan Cataract Project

KCSM Jazz Radio

KQED Public Television

Pachamama Alliance

San Francisco Museum & Historical Society

San Francisco Museum of Modern Art

San Francisco Parks Trust

Search for Common Ground

Wikipedia Foundation

Yosemite Fund

I’m very happy with the choices I made. I invite you to check out the websites of these organizations to see for yourself what they’re all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home