Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Himalayan Cataract Project

I've just sent the following email to friends of mine telling them about the Himalayan Cataract Project:

For several years now I've contributed financially to the Himalayan Cataract Project (HCP). I was inspired to support their work when Dr. Sanduk Ruit, the Nepalese eye surgeon who founded the project, was featured on a TV show I saw. Each year my pride in being an HCP supporter increases, just as each year Dr. Ruit and his colleagues transform more and more lives by providing the miracle of sight.

Today I received a mailing from HCP that included a reprint of an article that appears in the current issue of National Geographic Adventure. I urge that you go to the Himalayan Cataract Project website: http://www.cureblindness.org/ and take the time to read this article.

Once in a while it is worth taking a break from the negative news that bombards us and spend a few minutes being inspired. This is one of those times.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home