Monday, December 14, 2009

Joe Lieberman Makes Me Want to Vomit

Every time I see, hear or read about Joe Lieberman I am disgusted. Why do I feel this way?

My attitude toward Lieberman isn’t new. I couldn’t stand him when he ran for Vice President with Al Gore in 2000. A lot of Jews were excited because he was a first – a Jewish man on a major ticket for national office. Some Jews, but not this Jew. I thought he wore his Orthodox-ish-ness like a badge of honor instead of just practicing his religion and shutting up about it.

Physically unattractive. Smarmy. Insincere. Grasping for power. No integrity. Can’t be trusted. Nothing to like about the guy. A weak man strutting around as a hawk. Like I say – disgusting.

The Democrats in Connecticut made a good decision in the 2006 primary when they dumped him. Then the voters in Connecticut made a terrible decision when they reelected him, ostensibly as an Independent. His hunger for staying in power worked to his advantage, I’ll give him that.

Shame on the Democrats in the Senate for letting him continue as Chairman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. I guess they bent over for this slimy guy on the assumption he’d back them when they needed it. Fat chance. He’s screwed them over at every opportunity. Hey boys – this is the guy who stood before the Republican Convention to endorse John McCain for President.

Now he’s trying to hold the party and the country hostage to his views about what health reform should be. What’s it going to take for the Democrats to call him out and unmask him once and for all? I won’t hold my breath, but I wish someone would have the guts to do it. This scumbag really does make me want to vomit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home