Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I Wish I Had Been Wrong

My election predictions last week before the Iowa caucuses were mostly accurate.

On the Republican side, in Iowa I underestimated Huckabee’s popularity and overestimated Romney’s, but corrected that in New Hampshire where I said McCain would win. No big deal. I still feel that no matter how much money he spends Romney is history and Huckabee will not last the course.

Regrettably, on the Democratic side I was 100% right in both Iowa and New Hampshire. First Clinton got beat. Then, despite the fact that she was declared all but dead by the experts, she turned around and won. I wish I had been wrong.

Obama’s way of being and speaking in Iowa got me excited about a candidate and the election process for the first time in a long while. I now had a clear favorite and moved from negative to actively negative about Clinton. So the New Hampshire results were disappointing.

I now think Obama has a good chance of winning the nomination. Should it go to Clinton I’m still sure I’ll vote for her against any Republican that emerges from this sorry lot. But I won’t be nearly as happy about it as I’d like to be.

So now, on to Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina, etc.

1 Comments:

Blogger freshblend said...

After many years of lackluster and incompetent leadership, Obama has brought me hope, inspiration, even goosebumps. It impresses me that he can spur two friends - who I never imagined getting involved in the guts of politics - to become his precinct captains. If Obama can do that, what more can he inspire us to do? - Sheila

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home