Friday, August 09, 2024

Tom Korologos!

I learned from today's New York Times that my childhood friend Tom Korologos died.  We were best friends from about the age 7 to 10 in Salt Lake City.  Over the years I didn't have much contact with him, but he stayed in my memory as a fun part of growing up.

He earned a lengthy obituary in the Times because he was probably the top Republican lobbyist in the final 30 years of the last century.  So our political views were polar opposites.  Yet when we did communicate it was always with a fondness and respect that transcended our differences.

I recall that he said he hoped I'd see that lobbyists were not bad people (my words, not his).  In his case I'd be OK with agreeing with him.  So long, my friend, you were a good guy. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home