Tuesday, August 03, 2021

Farmer's Market

I went to the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building today.  First time in almost two years.  What did I notice?

Far fewer people than usual.  Fewer tourists?  Fewer locals?  Dunno for sure, but my guess is that it is fewer tourists.

Outside, the number of fruit and vegetable stands seemed about the same.  The Tuesday market has always had less to offer than the more popular market on Saturday, but even less was still OK.

Inside, some old favorites were gone, like Cowgirl Creamery, but I noticed a variety of interesting shops, some old, some new.  There was still a line at Acme bread.  I found great prosciutto at the Golden Gate Meat Co.  Sandra visited a new place, Epicurean something or other, which featured cheese, pate, etc.

We left stocked with corn, sugar snap peas, pluots, carrots, basil, strawberries, figs, tomatoes and a smile on our faces.  Seemed, almost, like old times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home