Friday, July 30, 2021

Wonderland!

It may be that my view is distorted from inside my San Francisco bubble.  It's like seeing the world through those weird mirrors in the fun houses at the amusement parks of my youth.  They made us look funny in many different ways and we couldn't resist them.

And so when I look at the outside world I see a different reality.  Wonderland!  What I'm seeing makes no sense.  Trying to figure it out rationally is a waste of time, because it is an irrational reality.  Wonderland!

What am I talking about?  Today's Wonderland is fixated on Covid - and our faltering attempt to make it harmless or get rid of it by getting vaccinated.  Its not a complicated conversation.  Vaccines are available.  Just go get a shot.  But about a third of my fellow Americans don't wanna.

And that's enough anti-vaxers to keep the pandemic going and endanger the rest of us.  They have reasons.  They have rationales.  "I don't trust the government.  I don't trust what the shot will do to me.  Its a plot by Biden to hurt Trump people."  Etcetera.  Whatever.  Wonderland!

Does this Covid nonsense exist in a vacuum?  No way.  It is but one example of the state of our country.  Distorted reality every way we turn.  Wonderland!  Politically - Socially - Economically - Medically.  Pick your poison, there's more than enough to go around.

So I stay in my bubble and observe the craziness from a safe distance.  Wonderland!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home