Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fall Back!

In the Fall reset your clocks backward an hour. On some designated Sunday morning (Nov. 1 this year) magically make 2 a.m. into 1 a.m. It’s a good deal we’re told. We get an extra hour’s sleep. What crap!

I sleep 7 or 8 hours a night. I’m not going to sleep 8 to 9 hours tonight just because Daylight Savings Time ends. I’ll just get an earlier start tomorrow morning.

I don’t like this change. In the Spring when we leap forward an hour the magic is different. On that designated Sunday it stays light an hour longer. That it is an hour darker in the morning has no impact on me. It’s win-win.

Tomorrow is the reverse. It’ll be dark before its time. All of a sudden I’ll notice that it’s only 5 in the afternoon and it’s dark. And every day between tomorrow and December 21 it’ll get darker and darker. Come to think of it, that’s the bright side of this dark process. In less than two months the days will start getting longer. They’ll get longer and longer until sometime in March and then, magically, it’ll be a whole hour longer.

Now that’s something to look forward to!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dan, I can see your point, but I have been looking forward to the slight reprieve of the late morning's dark hour. It has been more and more difficult of late to get out of bed and drive to feed the horse before work. It's dark! And on the evening end, I am working anyway... longer days are great, but for now, I'll be thankful for some early hour light :-)

Meg

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home