Friday, August 07, 2009

Passport to Everywhere

Earlier today I was talking on the phone when my screensaver came on. A list of email messages was magically replaced with photographs I'd downloaded from Webshots over the past couple of years. They caught my attention. I found myself mesmerized by them. Some were beautiful:

A galaxy 44 million light years away
A full solar eclipse
A Toucan from Panama
A Scarlet Macaw
An Iguana from the Galapagos Islands
Multiple images of Saturn
A Great Grey Owl from Finland
A Bengal Tiger

Others represented a sampling of places I've visited:

Venice
Siena
Stonehenge
India
Florence
Abruzzo
China
Istanbul
Cambodia
Egypt
Capadoccia in Turkey
Sri Lanka
A Rain Forest in Borneo
Myanmar

I was entranced by the images - and taken back in time by the memories. And I was conscious of how fortunate and blessed I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home